Fujitsu-siemens 1437G XP PRO WONT INSTALL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bartjee1983, Dec 16, 2005.

1. bartjee1983

bartjee1983 Private E-2

Hi People,

This is for me the first time, so i hope i get some help in here :)

I have this laptop 1437G 1024MB memory, and a SATA HD80GB

And i would love to install Windows XP pro !! But whenn i do that it does not recognize the HD. Because he cannot find the drivers.
    I called with Fujitsu but they dont give support on XP PRO :mad:

Not funny..
    is there any way i can copy the SATA drivers from my XP Home cd to my PRO CD ???

Please advise.. or sent me an e-mail

:)

thxnx

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

You need to press F6 when prompted to install the drivers from a floppy disk during the XP installation.

If you have the model number for your HDD you may be able to find the drivers.

3. bartjee1983

bartjee1983 Private E-2

First, i have no floppy drive!! it is a laptop/notebook without one.. second i dont know what kind of hd i have got.
    There must be a way to find the SATA drivers of the XP home cd to put them also in the XP PRO cd with ultra-ISO or something like that !!

4. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

Can't you just install XP home then upgrade to Pro?

5. bartjee1983

bartjee1983 Private E-2

No,

That is not an option !!
    Because when i do that, it will not recognize the HD wenn it reboots !!

I need S-ATA driver from home cd.. en put them somewhere on the XP pro cd !!

But i dont no where :(

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

doesn't make sense, xp pro should have the drivers, if home does.

funny thing on fujitsu's site, says they recommend windows xp professional

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I've never heard of a laptop using an internal SATA drive....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005
  8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'd say the reason Fujitsu won't help is because its a retail version of Pro, and they are not authorized to support it. Not that OEMs know jack about Windows anyway.

I'd also say that if Windows XP doesn't recognize the drive, there would be only a couple of likely reasons.

1. There is a hardware problem.

2. Fujitsu (or the user) has put something on the drive that has messed with the partition table, making it incompatible with XP setup.

XP Home and XP Pro are virtually the same, except for a couple of files.

Now if Fujitsu modified their OEM install to include extra drivers, then thats something Fujitsu would need to supply on a floppy, as mentioned in a prior post.

9. bartjee1983

bartjee1983 Private E-2

Yes, i know that.. but they wont give me those files.. so i was hoping that there was a very smart person in here, that knows which drivers i need to put into the XP folder or something like that.. it has to do something with the drivers.. !!!! i no it for shure!!!!

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I wouldn't be so certain.

Maybe you can tell us precisely what is going on, and errors you are receiving. Word for word.

11. bartjee1983

bartjee1983 Private E-2

OK, i am putting in my xp pro cd.
    It will start. and it will load all kind of drivers.. but wenn it wants to show me the screen were i can select the hard-drive and create partitions, it will tell me that there are no hard-drives fount.

Wenn i do this with the cd of Fujitsu it will probebly load some extra drivers and that screen will appear!!

So it has to be the drivers!!!

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Boot to the XP CD.

Instead of setup go to recovery console.

If it asks for an admin password, just hit enter.

At the prompt, type:

map

press enter.

What exactly do you see?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds