fujitsu v6535 wont wake

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by durian22, Jun 5, 2010.

1. durian22

durian22 Private E-2

i have a brand new laptop which refuses to wake up from sleep when i open the laptop up.

the only way to get it back to life is to press the power option, reboot. sometimes this doesnt work unless i remove the power cable, i have nothing else connected except the network cable

have spent the last 24 hours reading and researching.

i have reinstalled windows 7 from the supplied discs
    i have reinstalled the drivers from the supplied disc
    i have updated the bios to the newest version
    i have updated the graphics card driver
    i have tried several combinations in the power management section of win7
    i have visited many forums and read pages of info but as yet, no one thing seems to cause this, its quite a common problem by the sound of it.

one thing i did note from various logs is the realtech HD audio prevented system sleep altho nothing was playing, i did try to update its driver but it has the latest available.

fujitsu esprimo v6535
    160Gb hdd
    2Gb ram
    3 days old

if you have any suggestions that i might try to solve this, please feeel free to contribute... i am at my wits end and will probably return the machine tuesday if i dont come up with a solution, closing the lid to sleep and opening up is vital to any laptop imo.

there dont appear to be any power management options in the bios and this laptop woke up for the first day of use and now doesn't so it cant be too difficult, what am i missing here....

thanks for your time.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. durian22

durian22 Private E-2

Re: fujitsu Laptop v6535 wont wake (solved)

After more reading i discover avira is a problem stopping things working. this morning i did a complete re install and left out avira and lo and behold it wakes up.

now all i have to do is find a decent free anti virus...

more research today i think.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Apparently some programs do freeze when hibernation occurs.
    One thing, if hibernating, leave the dc power off, as this seems to add a cause, otherwise, I tend to leave hibernation disabled, as if I want to leave the laptop for a while, its only a few clicks to save, close open programs, and shut down.
    Hibernation has been a problem for some time,even with XP, and Vista. and even on hibernation clean-up, hibernation caused more problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds