Full width web page printing

Discussion in 'Software' started by parispete, Jul 15, 2007.

1. parispete

parispete Private E-2

Does anyone know if the Maxthon browser prints full width. I read that it is based on IE, and IE7 finally came good and Firefox also prints full width. So does anyone out there in Geekalia know of a good lightweight browser that prints the whole page?

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Not sure what you are after. Do you want to print the screen in full, or print articles, etc. Is your browser not displaying the full screen, before printing?

Most times you can set your printer to print in Landscape mode, instead of the usual Portrait default, and that will print the full width of the screen.
    Will that do what you ask? Bazza

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Following Bazza, from my experience it has been how you set up the page for printing. When preparing to print go to File>Page Set Up/Or Print Preview, then find the setting that says Fit To Page and print from there.
    If I just hit ctrl>P or File>Print (on some web pages) then yes they will be cut off on the edges.

4. parispete

parispete Private E-2

Thanks, Baz, but I was referring to the problem of the missing right side inch and a bit that MS finally fixed in IE7. Some English guy solved the prob in about two hours, so they employed him on the IE7 project. Kind of makes you wonder about what all that brain power is supposed to be achieving up at Gates and Co, doesn't it? I mean after all those IE versions with the 'missing strip', fixing it really couldn't have been that tough after all.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks, parispete, for the explanation. :) Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds