Funky Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Weathermann, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Weathermann

Weathermann Private First Class

Yesterday while online I had three tabs open on Chrome. I was on my forum and then clicked on one of the tabs. I then went to scroll down the page using my optical mouse scroll wheel (Logitech) and the tabbed page disappeared and opened up in it's own window. Why?? It done that several times last night.

Today it seems to be working fine as I had to reboot the computer for a recent windows update. I like the tab functionallity as there is less clutter in my toolbar. I like the overall function of Google Chrome and that the newest flash player I have works with Chrome. The flash player however, doesn't work with IE8. Which is fine too as sometimes I don't want those kind of advertisements to run.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As Googles Chrome is a beta project at present you may at times see various issues or graphical glitches, just make sure you keep upto date with the latest versionof Chrome.

Also what version of IE8 are you using, is it the 64bit version (if you are running x64 windows xp or vista)? As of it is Adobe do not as yet have a flash version for 64bit browsers apart from a test version for Linux, so if you do have 64bit windows and using the 64bit IE then run the x86 version of IE as latest flash does work with it as I have it installed

Also as scrolling errors can happen if using older graphic driver, see if an update is available for your card

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds