funky voltages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viper_boy403, Sep 8, 2007.

1. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

what's up with my vcore? it's set at 1.4v and as soon as it goes under load it drops to ~1.36 or lower and i cant keep a stable OC. I just got a new PSU too (OCZ PowerStream 600W) The rails all stay within spec, they dont fluctuate at all but the vcore drops down to that low level no matter what i set it at. here are some pics from OCCT

set at 1.425, CPU @ 3.4ghz
    [​IMG]

another run @ 3.2ghz:
    [​IMG]

what's up with this?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump (who cares, its in the OC forum; nobody comes in here anyways haha)

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Try another voltage monitoring utility

Cant get stable, increase voltage but your probably at the limits of your chip

See Ya!..............

4. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

hey ASUS i finally ditched my Thermaltake and got an OCZ :p

Ive tried upping the voltages and it will idle @ the set voltage but when i stress it the vcore just drops back to stock. I used to have it stable @ 3.6 w/ 1.43v and this was with my Thermaltake. Then it just started getting all crazy on me, and wouldnt hold at the set voltage anymore. Getting a new PSU didnt help it either.

Ive tried different voltage monitors; Everest, ASUSprobe, and speedfan. all show stable voltages on all rails but the vcore just drops off...it's the weirdest thing. Maybe i just killed my processor?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds