Funny story about Norton security suite

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheena, Jul 19, 2009.

1. sheena

sheena Corporal

Decided to download a free trial of Norton 360, ver.3.0 much touted security suite as had had such bad luck recently with anti-malwares. This 'solution' would cost $80 if I decided to buy it, but I figured at least it would clean up my machine. So I'm on the page where you type in your personal information, including credit card nos., ect. I'm a good typist, and typed all in correctly. When I clicked on submit, got a message saying I'd done some entry(field) wrong. Redid it, got another message saying something wasn't filled in that I had filled in; redid that; got another message saying something else needed to be done or was in error when I had done it correctly. This incorrect message came up seven times before I decided that if Norton couldn't even get the page with my payment information correct, maybe they weren't my best choice. So I gave it up or I'd still be cycling around trying to enter my payment information. I saw alot of positive things about them on trusted net sites, but negatives too.
    Sheena

2. sheena

sheena Corporal

It really happened, domluc. Believe I have found some choices with much lighter footprint and still effective. Norton 360 was rated high by PC mag and it said it was light on resources and I was frustrated after the Avira thing and needed to get back on the net but not without protection, hence my decision based on fear and inexperience.
    Thanks for the tips, will check out Comodo. Would like to run more than one security program, but have found, as its been said on this site, that they do fight with each other, and in my limited experience, even with xp.
    Sheena

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds