Fw190 said that webshots was bad...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Invisible Kid, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invisible Kid

Invisible Kid Private E-2

I only use it as a screensaver meaning that I don't have it running in my taskbar and screwing with my background. Is that ok? I don't even use the images that it came with. I made a screen saver of images of women who look nice. I need to find another screensaver maker program. Is webshots messing up my system if I don't keep it running?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

as ive heard, webshots is loaded with spyware, and is a resource hog, but i used it myself once and never had any problems with it..

BUtT you can make your own screensave with the "My Pictures" screensaver in display properties. Just put the pics you want in a folder, then specifiy that folder as the one to list through.

3. Invisible Kid

I can't because I have Win98SE

4. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

i use webshots trial version.. i think it's great.... all you really need to do is disable the "live camera" feature in your system tray.... Ad-Aware 6.0 never found any spyware stemming from webshots... i think it's an easy way to quickly toggle different wallpapers.... i mostly use the free ones from digital blasphemy.....

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well like i said i had no problems with it, and i thought there was some fort of pictures screensave in 98se? guess im wrong but there is probably somthing out there smaller and quicker than webshots, and once product i used to use was WinWall which i really liked, since it was small and easy to use, and can automatically change wallpaper when i want, etc. actually i got it as a direct replacement for webshots.

I think the whole perk about webshots is the fact you can download thier desktops from the website for free....

6. Invisible Kid

I have no desire to change wallpaper. I just want a screensaver to show pictures. I have MS scenes on some floppy disks from way back when. I might give it a try.

7. Thunder

Thunder Private E-2

8. Invisible Kid

I appreciate the article but I only use webshots for the screensaver so it doesn't slow down my system. The article is talking about webshots affecting performance when it is kept open all the time, but I don't.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  9. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

I use webshots with the calendar..it is not running in the background (I shut it off) so each day I can go in..get a couple pics from the net and be done...

no probs for me.. I run both spybot and ad-aware and nothing ever found.....

10. Invisible Kid

Thanks robo, that is just what I need.

11. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

12. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

ANHEDONIC,

You said
    How is this done and does it stop the wallpaper from cycling?

13. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Hi Denise,
    This thread is 4 yrs old so you may not get an answer from them.

But yes if you disable Webshots from the system tray it will not cycle the wallpaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds