Galaxy SPB contacts file to xperia via pc (Galaxy stolen)

Discussion in 'Software' started by monsta, Jun 23, 2013.

1. monsta

monsta Private E-2

I recently had my pc and Galaxy s3 stolen, I had the phone contacts backed up to the PC as I never expected to lose the machine (House burglary).

Fortunately (?) I had copied the whole .spb file to email, which I then saved to my new pc.

I have attempted to transfer the spb file to my new cell (Sony Xperia J) with little success via either Samsung Kies (which doesn't even recognize the Xperia) or via Sony PC Companion.

I guess I have to transfer the .spb file to the correct Sony format (?) so could I get advice please on how, where to put it in the Sony PC Companion when its done (and how) - bearing in mind it is one file of all contacts .

I have 1200+ on there so its not practical to simply open the spb file in Excell and hand copy them all .

I'm using W8. (flipped to W7 desktop with Startisback).

Cheers in advance.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds