1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game crashes and troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Software' started by CTHULHU, Aug 5, 2005.

CTHULHU Private E-2

So I built this computer, right? And I'm all like a carney with a new ride, all excited and shit. So I install the Riddick game, Doom 3, and Dawn of War. Half-Life to and WoW wont run until I get my internet connection on monday, which I can deal with. I'm posting this from my room mate's pc. Anyhoo, start playing the games, and within a few hours I come to the realization that every single game is crashing. Not even in the same place, but anywhere, it doesn't even have to be in gameplay for Dawn of War. I downloaded the newest driver for my vid card (GeForce 6800GT) and installed it, to no avail. I'm using Direct X 9.0c. I have no idea what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

-Cthulhu... that cute, cuddly, slavering god of madness...
  2. GeForce

GeForce Private E-2

Do you have Fast writes on? Also do you have sufficient cooling? Post some of your other system specs. I know for a whiel i had many crashes due to my ram. So post some stuff including your PSU.
  3. theefool

theefool Geekified

More info can and will be helpful:

Read and follow this post:

It will help me and others with your situation! :)

Also, for your particular game(s), have you downloaded the latest patches for your game(s).?

Have you installed the latest video drivers? Did you recently upgrade a video card? If you recently upgraded a video card, then I highly recommend, uninstalling the previous drivers.

Just some tips....to help you on your quest of having a good gaming box...... :)

CTHULHU Private E-2

Aight, here's what i'm running with:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    NVIDIA Geforce 6800GT (manufactured by Leadtek)
    2 x 512 sticks corsair ram
    K8N Neo2 Platinum (manufactured by MSI)
    120 gig hard drive (Seagate)
    Sony DVD/CD rom combo drive
    The case came with a 350 power supply

Both the processor and the video card have heatsinks on them and I have a top fan and a side panel fan. My PC Alert is reading the temp. of the cpu anywhere between 96-106 and the system temp reads at about 86 at any given point in time.

CTHULHU Private E-2

I'm also using windows xp pro, and my processor is 2.21 ghz

CTHULHU Private E-2

I upgraded my power supply to 550 watt today, and I'm still crashing
  7. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Read above ^^
  8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Fast wrights on this board is a killer,it halfs my 3dmark score,then causes it to restart without warning :rolleyes: disabling in bios is the best way of gettin rid :rolleyes: