game not installing properly

Discussion in 'Software' started by 4mmo, Jul 14, 2012.

1. 4mmo

4mmo Private E-2

i have the godfather the game cd but when i try to install, it only installs the game exe and a few help-support files. how do i solve this? why is this happening?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

Is this a Laptop or Desktop you are using and if possible can you tell us the following by following the guide below as written.

Which Godfather game is this as in who is the Developer (eg. EA) and version of the Game (eg. Godfather I or II etc)?

Does the Game and CD seem to Autorun to install the game or are you clicking the Setup.exe file?

If the Game CD is auto-running then cancel the setup when it autoruns, then click in My Computer the CD drive the game is in and choose Open, then locate the Setup.exe file and right click and choose Run as Administrator if you are using Windows Vista or 7, if XP just double click Setup.exe

3. 4mmo

4mmo Private E-2

ram: 1 gb
    gfx: nvidia geforce 6800

the game is godfather : the game (the first one) and it's an EA game. i tried tried cancelling autorun and running the setup manually but didn't work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds