Game Stats from Internet sites

Discussion in 'Software' started by A.J. Acosta, Sep 13, 2012.

1. A.J. Acosta

A.J. Acosta Private E-2

I'm thinking about buying Deus Ex (on sale) from the Steam site. Unfortunitly, there is no box to turn around & check to see what the basic requirements are. In other words, will this game work on my computer? Is there any way to do this for any game bought on-line?

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Depends which Deus Ex you are talking about and what your PC specs are.

I usually take a combination of a google search for "*game* system requirements" (obviously insert the title of the *game*.)

And/or you can go to www.canirunit.com
    Also usually the system req's are usually posted in the info of the game on Steam.

3. A.J. Acosta

A.J. Acosta Private E-2

Thank you for the info, I realized my error shortly after I posted the question. Bottom line is, I don't think I have the computing power to run Deus Ex sucessfully. I have a 1.8GHZ peocessor, 4GB of on-board memory, & Nvidia Gforce 9500 with 1GB of memory & I'm still having problems with Half-Life 2 which it should handle with ease. Any opinions, or is my grapic card going down with the ship?

4. fotovoltaika

fotovoltaika Private E-2

Very useful site thank You!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds