Games won't work anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BravoNiner, Dec 22, 2006.

1. BravoNiner

BravoNiner Private E-2

Alright, I fix one problem and another pops up, but what can ya do?

So, my games won't run anymore on my computer. I have tried both Company of Heroes and Guild Wars. When I start up either, I get no video although I do get audio. The former just has a black screen and the latter a flickering screen.

My video card is obviously acting up. I tried downloading the latest Nvidia updates (I have a Nvidia GeForce 6600). I tried reverting to old versions of the Nvidia drivers. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers. I tried reinstalling Directx 9.0c.

Finally, I thought that possibly the new PCI to USB card was interfering somehow. But, even when I removed that, I still had the same problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Do you get any error messages?
    If you do could you post it?
    And if your running windows xp did you try system restore and go back to a point before your problems started just in case something got messed up or changed?:eek:

3. BravoNiner

BravoNiner Private E-2

Hugh,

Thanks for the advice! I didn't even think to use system restore as I've never had to use it previously. I just restored to a couple weeks ago and everything's working fine! :)

FYI, I did not receive any error messages when I had the problem.

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Glad to hear that i was of some help.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds