Gaming Laptops

Discussion in 'Software' started by SweetShelby, Feb 23, 2013.

1. SweetShelby

SweetShelby Private E-2

When it comes to gaming laptops, if one is not interested in building one and would like to purchase a ready-made one, are Alienware computers really the best as far as graphics?

Are there other brand of good off-the shelf gaming laptops?

Links?

Thank you.

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Realistically speaking, your question is a bit vague.
    What price range are we looking at?
    What games do you want to play?
    How heavy a gamer are you?

Personally it looks to me like you "just want a laptop" but I strongly advise doing some research and reading critic and consumer reviews.

From everything I know, Alienware are not the be all and end all.
    I like Asus products in general, Toshiba also have a wide range. However I cannot confirm nor deny how good their gaming laptops are, since laptops are not really built for real gaming and I'm not much of a laptop guy, I am a gamer though but I don't think I could get a laptop powerful enough for what I like for much under $1500 CAD.

One thing I will say, no matter how much you want it... don't rush into buying one, lot of money only to find out it wont actually do what you thought it would.

Research, research, research :)

3. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

If you want a strong reliable laptop that can play games then have a look at the Asus, MSI or Toshiba range. My son has had a Toshiba Satellite four four years and it has been going back and forth to to college and now University since he got it and there have been no issues other than it now needs a new battery. We have Toshibas and MSIs at work and two of the MSIs and one of the Toshibas have flown around the world dozens of times without issue but we get rid of them every two years as they get a bit knocked about.
    Something in ASUS like this is a good but expensive solution or from Toshiba a laptop that would play games but is more a business PC and with a very strong case here or this gaming laptop from MSI here or another MSI here.

These are all a good starting point but as Ned said previously you really do need to think about what you need and how much you want to spend and possibly what you may need in the future and then pick something that fits your criteria best ;)
    Do lots of research, read user reviews and include checking out warranty terms and then choose carefully. Good luck:wave

Oh and over here Alienware are good while they are going but are very slow on warranty claims ;)

4. cesarvh

cesarvh Private E-2

Alienware is what you need baby, i don't know any other decent gaming laptop brand, unless some maybe even more expensive custom builds

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds