Gaming Mouse Pad

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nedlamar, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I'm thinking of buying a gaming mouse pad, been looking at a few ranging in price from $20-$60CAD.

Just wondering if anyone uses one and which one(s) you use and offer up any suggestions of which one(s) are good and bad.

Pro's and Cons would be nice too, I've read a lot from people saying they get scratched (sounds to me like people need to clean surface more often) and others saying they are loud etc etc.

I'm looking at the Razer Vespula or the Razer Megasoma.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

I don't use one. Since the LED, laser, and "blue" ones don't really require one. Though, it does depend on the surface of your desk.

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Well I've not used a mousepad since the rollerball days, but recently I've been looking into them, my desk works fine but I have to clean it every time I play a game due to normal usage of the puter from myself and my girl make the desk surface not as smooth as I like. So I thought I get a mousepad and I've always got a good surface for when I game.... and ONLY when I game.

Plus small imperfections in my desk surface can make a difference when I'm doing somthing precise like when playing Arma 2 and taking a 2km sniper shot, precision is everything.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Any smooth plasticky mouse pad should do it. I have one that my employer handed out on LAN parties as a promotional item, and it works great for me. Only thing is, since it's covered in plastic, I need to clean it every now and then. Thankfully it is plastic, so it's easily done. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds