Gaming PC <$1,000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samthunder, Nov 15, 2006.

1. samthunder

samthunder Private First Class

Could you folks post your favorite nominations that might fit the criteria here? My best buddy and roommate has debated about buying a PC for a long time (he makes plenty of money, but hates to "waste" money on himself).

I want you guys to suggest some models because he is considering Alienware's budget option, and it doesn't look all that great to me. He also doesn't want to build it himself (I did mine and got a lot of bang for the buck, but he wants an out-of-box package). Anyone have any likely prospects, or at least that beat out AlienWare's Aurora?

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I've heard good things about ABS PCs, but have never owned one. Here is a link to a few gaming computers around the $1000 mark. Although none of them come with keyboard, mouse, or monitor.

http://www.abs.com/app/m5v_compare.asp

P.S. These computers are a better value than a comparably priced Alienware.

3. samthunder

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually I did forget to mention that his PC is outdated but he's got a great monitor/mouse/keyboard so those don't have to be an eliminating factor. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check 'em out.

Any others?

4. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

You might consider asking him about a Barebones. If he doesn't want to build it, but isn't happy with the options provided, it might be way to go, and then he can 'con' you into putting it together for him.

5. samthunder

I thought about that, but he's always worried that he'll be inconveniencing me. He wants to just buy it and be done with it. He makes a 6 figure income but he can't force himself into buying anything for himself, hence the 1k price tag.

6. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Private E-2

Here's a midrange gaming system priced right at $1,000

http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=31

He may want to upgrade that 7600GS to something with a little more muscle.

It's kind of hard to find an off the shelf gaming rig for that budget.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds