Gaps/Holes/Stretched Images...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZBostrom, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ZBostrom

ZBostrom Private E-2

I'm not sure what has happened but recently in the last few games I've installed I've noticed a disturbing trend. Characters and images in the game have holes in them. Chunks are missing from character's faces or body where I can see through them. Also some boxes for example are stretched out thin like a rope instead of being a box! It's really weird and I don't know why. I've checked my video card updates and everything is now up to date but the problem is still not solved. I recently bought a new monitor and I'm thinking maybe that might be the problem. My monitor resolution is set high in widescreen mode and though the options are available for these games maybe that is the problem? Please help! I hate playing these games when my character's hands are strangely touching or environments are all weird.
    My specs are 7600 Geforce Video
    Win XP Prof
    2.4 Pentium
    2 gigs RAM
    and my monitor is a 24 in. widescreen LCD
    Thanks!!!!

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

It sound like the video card may have a problem.
    Have you tried to update the drivers?
    Now the obvious question, have you tried to adjust the monitor resolution to see if that solves the problem? maybe that will narrow down the problem?

3. ZBostrom

ZBostrom Private E-2

I was originally having the problems so I did go to NVidia and there was an update. I did it and still the same problem.
    As for the monitor I tried setting in game and out of game to the same resolution and also set it lower instead of widescreen.

Even with both of these changes I still have the same issues. A friend mentioned my computer settings conflicting with in game settings anti-alias. I'm gonna futz around tonight setting all the graphics low ingame and out of game to see if maybe I can find what may be the problem.

If anyone can think if something please let me know!!! I know I can't be the only one who's ever had this sort of trouble in a PC game!

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds