gateway 2000 destination monior

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by novadreams, Mar 17, 2005.

1. novadreams

novadreams Guest

ok, so i got up this morning happy and content with my little 17" monitor. a few hours latter my mother has shown up with a 32" gateway 2000 destination monitor (there is something wrong with the world when your monitor is bigger than your t.v.). i got everthing hooked up and the color is fine (24 bit high), but it's only displaying at 640x480. when i restart the computer it gives me a bubble saying that my settings are low and to automatically reset them click the bubble. the only thing that i've seen clicking the bubble do is making the bubble go away.

i'm currently running xp and the hardware that i have listed in the control panel for audio/video/game are legacy video capture devices, media control devices, amd video codecs. and i've already done a search for new hardware and it doesn't find anything. it has my monitor set as a plug and play monitor with the location on intel(r) 82815 graphics controller.

is there anyway to chage the display setting to at least 600x800? (or a little higher)

thanks,
    nova

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds