Gateway DX4200 Win XP Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by biggdogg, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggdogg

biggdogg Private E-2

I have a gateway dx4200 desktop loaded with vista, trying to load win xp
    on it. Can anyone tell me where I can find drivers.
    Thanks to all

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

As suggested above, an Everest report would be extremely helpful. I looked up your model at the Gateway web site, and there's a few different configurations available (different wifi adapter, different network adapters, etc) for the same model. So the Everest report will tell us exactly which devices are actually installed on the PC. Be sure to upload the Everest report as an attachment and do NOT post it in-line by using copy-n-paste to put it in your thread. Here's a basic "how-to":
    More info about attaching items to a post can be found by reading this helpful thread.

3. biggdogg

biggdogg Private E-2

I found the drivers for my machine, I got a copy of driver agent and located
    everything for Win Xp.
    Thanks to everyone.

4. ackering

ackering Private E-2

Bigdog,

Can you send me the driver agents you've used to get all the drivers for this model desktop? I am also looking for xp drivers.

Thanks.

5. brokedj

brokedj Private E-2

yeah....i would love to get a copy of that or find some xp32 bit drivers....wanting to dual boot my system to run both xp and the vista 64bit thats already preinstalled....i have a copy of xp 32bit

6. JPOTT777

JPOTT777 Private E-2

Hey Biggdogg, I downgraded my dx4200 to xp as well. But having trouble with my audio (no sound at all). Can you help me with this driver?

Thanks,

Jim

7. ballen96

ballen96 Private E-2

could you tell me how to get the drivers for the dx4200? i would really appreciate it cause im trying to go to xp and i cant find any of the drivers i need

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

TO: ballen96, JPOTT777, brokedj, and ackering:
    If you each started your own threads, you'd be much more likely to get help. Yes, I understand that you each have the same PC, but it's much easier on everyone if we only have to deal with one member's problem per thread. When there's 3 or 4 different members all tagged on to someone else's original 2-month-old thread, it get's confusing. Including an Everest report in your opening thread can be very helpful also. Attaching the report is easy; I've addressed this above in post #3.
    :-D
    And welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major

9. jrunner

jrunner Private E-2

Can you please post a link to those drivers? I don't understand why you never did. If you wanted to know where they are and found them, wouldn't you think other people want to know where they are? Please and thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds