Gateway GT5032 help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhutson, Sep 17, 2008.

1. rhutson

rhutson Private E-2

Computer posts sometimes, most of the time I have to restart by holding in the button on front of the pc about 10 times, then I hear the beep and it starts and runs fine but next time it might take another 10 times to get it to boot up. If the video card was bad, wouldn't the computer still post or beep at start up? Any ideas what might be the problem? This is a GT5032 Gateway with original XP software and no modifications, it has never been changed since purchased and was used by a college student for 2 years. Foxconn MB, AMD Athlon X2 4200 processor, on board video. I tried re seating everything includeing the Processor, no change.

rhutson

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds