Gateway MT3416 monitor won't come on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wkn55, Dec 21, 2008.

1. wkn55

wkn55 Private E-2

I have a Gateway MT3416 notebook.(Vista) Screen won't come on. Start up lights come on. Have tried all obvious: taking battery out, unplug and replug. Function key +F4, F8, Fn+arrow, etc. nothing has worked. Before turning off the day before, a wierd screen was on computer and the mouse wouldn't work so I just turned off computer by holding down the power button. Now can't get the screen to come back on. btw 5 months ago had Gateway repair for the same reason (of course it was under warranty then). Now they want me to pay them to fix the crap again. So, any advice would be appreciated. Also, I haven't tried to hook to another monitor. Is that something I should try first?
    I'm using my old Compaq Armada m300 XP. It's a trooper...just has low disk space and extreemly scratched up screen. After this will never buy a Gateway again (sorry....just venting)

Talk to me like a 5th grader.

Thanks

2. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi WKN,

Very definitely hook an external monitor up. Will tell you real quick if the monitor or the comp is bad.

Good luck, Jim

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  3. wkn55

wkn55 Private E-2

ok, will do. Have to take laptop to friends house to hook up to a monitor. Will check back soon.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds