Gateway MX6214 AC Connector on Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ArPa, Jul 30, 2009.

1. ArPa

ArPa Private E-2

I have a Gateway MX6214 and the AC adapter has been unplugged so many times from the laptop that the adapter on the laptop, got burned or lose from the inside. Is there anyway I can replace the connector by taking the laptop apart and ordering the piece from a computer store? Please let me know ASAP. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The only way really you could get another connector is by cannibalising another device I haven't seen them for sale anywhere although I concede they exist somewhere ,the good news is they are often easy to repair,either metal clip inside has become detached or the solder holing the socket to the board has broke.

I either case a few blobs of solder and some epoxy should do the trick.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds