Gateway MX6442 laptop-Need modem driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Gateway laptop MX6442 - Windows XP SP2
    I just did a format and reinstall on this laptop. Gateway's drivers downloaded from their support site worked for the most part. The sound driver didn't work, and I downloaded one for a different model, and that sound driver worked. The modem drivers at Gateway didn't work. I tried a couple drivers for different models; they didn't work. The modem is a Conexant Smart ACLink or ACLink with SmartCP or something real close to that. I didn't write it down, and I don't have the PC here right now. The modem model number is RD01-D620. That's RD-zero-one.... I tried a driver from DriverGuide too and it didn't work either. So, if anyone has a lead, or happens to own this particular laptop, feel free to post a link, or if you can email me the driver I'll PM my email address.....

THANKS!!

(it seems that this happens fairly regularly with Gateway not having the right drivers on their web site. Or is it just me?)

(BTW- I've Googled the :crap out this modem and have yet to find a working driver and I've tried at least 5 or 6 different drivers)

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks guys....
    @ musksnipe: I haven't had much luck in the past with the generic Conexant drivers, but I haven't tried 'em with this particular modem, so I guess it's worth a shot.
    @ KOMMANDER: Yeah, I did register at that site like a week ago and never got the confirmation email. I tried again, and again using a different name and email address each time, and never got the emails needed to activate the account. Yes, I checked the spam/bulk boxes too ;) I think they might be farming email accounts for junk mail....

Thanks again. If I'm successful, I'll post.... I spoke with the owner of the laptop, and they're not really worried about the modem not working as they never use it, but I just hate leaving it uninstalled. It's like the job is incomplete if the all the drivers aren't installed and working :cry

4. ferretfrank

ferretfrank Private E-2

I know this thread is old but I just had the same problem with my MX6442. For the modem and sound I had to use the drivers from the MX6441 laptop and it worked. Haven't figured out the SM Bus driver yet though....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds