Gateway Solo 3300 battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shouldveboughtnew, Aug 2, 2005.

1. shouldveboughtnew

shouldveboughtnew Private E-2

I recently bought a used Gateway Solo 3300 notebook. As of last Friday, the battery held a charge for over an hour. Monday morning, the computer would not start on the battery, though plugged into the wall it works fine. I would have assumed that the battery just died and it was time to buy a new one, except the battery has a push-display on the bottom that shows it is fully charged.

Any ideas? I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, but it still didn't start. Removing the plug while it is running causes the computer to shut off immediately.

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Most of the time...batteries don't just simply go from ok to completely worthless...but it is possible!! It might have just reached that majical line where it goes to absolutely nothing!!!

I would try two things...take some alcohol and a Qtip and clean the contacts on the battery...and if possible...the contacts on the laptop end where the battery connects to the laptop, but you might not be able to reach them!! Then put the battery in and leave it charging for a long time just to make sure that it has reached it's maximum charged capacity!! Mine usually takes approximately 2 hours from completely dead!!

Roger

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to MG. www.mundocorp.com is a really good source of parts and tech support for Gateway. They do reply to tech questions. Thier site covers every gateway model, I think. I have used them more than once. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds