Gboard

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Anon-fe04a256cf, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Anon-fe04a256cf

Anon-fe04a256cf Anonymized

I have an Android Tablet and it had GBoard for the KeyBoard that comes up when you tap the screen.

But every now and then it would turn White with Black Letters.

I had to go into settings and Un Install updates to get it back to Black with White Letters.

But it never stays so I go into Playstore settings and un check Auto Update Apps.

This did no good so I un installed GBoard and now I am stuck with a White KeyBoard with Black Letters.

Is there a Black KeyBoard App. I can get or what do I do?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Anon-fe04a256cf

I just did a Factory Reset and it wipet everything off the Tablet.
    I am setting it up like it was new.

I see no GBoard in my Apps.

So how can I get into the Settings for the keyboard to keep it from turning White?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Settings, Language and Input, Keyboard.

Both my tablets have proprietary keyboards (Asus and Samsung) so I have no google keyboard to look at.

5. Anon-fe04a256cf

OK if I go into Settings then Apps I see GBoard and you are right it is a Gogle KeyBoard.

And if I go to Un Install Updates it brings the Board back to Black with White Letters.

But in like two Days the KeyBoard goes back to White with Black Letters.

If I go into My Apps from the Home screen I see no GBoard so I can not open any settings for the Board.

And if I go into Settings then Apps I can open GBoard but I see no Settings for the Board.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

6. Anon-fe04a256cf

My Keyboard that comes up did it again.

It has been 4 Days and my Keyboard came up White with Black Latters.

I go into settings and go to GBoard and Tap Un Install Updates and all is ok.

But my Keyboard will only stay Black with White Latter for say 4 Days.

If I go into my Apps from my Home screen I see no GBoard App so I can not open Settings for GBoard.

Can you help?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You change the theme to black
    https://techchomps.com/change-theme-gboard-keyboard-android/

If it gets reset to white, go in and set it again.

I installed 2 apps and they keep getting removed - not by me. So I go in and downlad from the playstore again. I think I've now downloaded 1 app 4 times.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds