GeForce 4 Detonators signed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

hey I recently just got a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and they came with the 30.82 drivers. I went to NVIDIA 's site , and I downloaded the WHQL certified version of the detonator 40 drivers, version 40.72. Now when I installed the 40.72 , it said the drivers were not WHQL and they have not passed testing. In DIRECT X it said the drivers were not signed. When I used the 40.72 with my GeForce 3 they said they were signed. Anybody know why this is? thanks!!!!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Typically, nVidia posts the drivers while they wait for certification, so its not unusual to download drivers that are not certified and even rarer to have any problems. You will be fine.

3. Vlad the Impaler

but the thing is, the version I downloaded, 40.72 , it says it is WHQL certified! but when I instaleld it I got that pop-up that says they are not. When I used these same drivers with a GeForce 3, I did not get the pop-up.

4. Nirvana_CN

Nirvana_CN Private First Class

This is not really important, MS cant take up to 6 month to WHQL drivers. 99% of all recent drivers for any hardware are not digitally signed.

MS dont exactly have a good record for finding bugs ;)

I have experiemented with at least 30 of Nvidia's drivers, all but one were NOT signed, i have had no problems yet.

5. Vlad the Impaler

ok I realize what happened now I downloaded the 40.72 for Win2k , not WIn XP. that's why i got the message.

I downloaded the 40.72 XP and nop problems, they are signed...

thats what i get for drinking beer while using the comp

6. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

the only prob I have found with a set that was not signed was where I could not play copy protected DVDs. Once I d/l an older set- they worked again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds