Geforce 8800 GTS PCI e Driver help

Discussion in 'Software' started by revillsp, Jan 26, 2007.

1. revillsp

revillsp Private E-2

Hi all, im new here and im hoping to god that your able to help me.

I got a new geforce graphics card the 8800 GTS. I connected the card inside my computer and connected it to my PSU.

When i put the Cd into my computer and tried to install the drivers this message appears

"The Nvidia Setup program could not locate any divers that are compatible with your current hardware"

When this happened i went stright to Nividas Homepage and downloaded the geforce 8 drivers and tried again but same message.

Could anyone help me please.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Operating System version are you using? If by any chance its Vista then you will have to wait a week or so until Nvidia release the drivers as they are not releasing them until near Vista's actual public release date of Jan 30th, if it is Vista I can upload some pre-release test drivers that work fine in RTM Vista.

3. revillsp

revillsp Private E-2

ive got Windows Xp Service pack 1 2002. been wounding if having Service pack 1 is part of the proplem.

4. revillsp

revillsp Private E-2

Hey, ive sorted out my proplem....it was the fact that i needed to upgrade from XP SP1 too SP2.

So now i can enjoy my g8 graphics...well untill i need to upgrade to Vistia and get DX10.

Thanks all

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ah good stuff.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds