Geforce 8800GTX Power Connection Question...?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JubeiTigeruk, Jul 12, 2007.

1. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Hello,

making a new computer. Intel Quad Core etc...

but my question is the Graphics Card I have one of them in this machine and its a Geforce 8800GTX Point Of Veiw 768MB. Now on the card it has 2 of its own power connectors...in the book it says to plug in the 2 but they supply 1 of them. 1 of them taking up 2X Molex Connections from the PSU.

So i am wondering if anyone else has one of these cards and can give me advice... as i find having 4X molex in total for the card alone seems abit OTT!!!

Help please...

thank you.

JubeiTigeruk

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I have a 7800 GT 256 megs i only have one connector on mine to connect from the PSU.

I hope you have a good PSU those card are very power hungry...

3. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Well i have a 600W PSU inside the machine... was thinking that be enough but i might be wrong? lol

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I dont have that exact card but I do have a 8800GTS and have only plugged in 1 PCI-E power connector.

5. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds