Geforce FX 5200 causing video distortion?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeekMasterFlex, Jul 7, 2005.

1. GeekMasterFlex

GeekMasterFlex Private E-2

I just recently installed a Geforce FX 5200 on my friend's computer. When playing ANY videos, in ANY player (Windows Media, Quicktime, Real Player), the color is distorted. The desktop is fine, and games work perfectly. It has the most recent drivers. Can anyone help?

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I have 5200 installed my both my PC @ home and have not had any problems.

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia, if you only used what the install CD had their probally out of date.

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

disable overlays in video options in wmp.

4. seven7

seven7 Private E-2

I have the same video card. I went to the Nvidia site and got the latest drivers (77.something, I think). The color went all screwy when I installed the new drivers.

I did some reading in a number of groups and saw several recommendations to install version 72.14(?). Sorry, I'm not at my pc and don't have the exact numbers with me.

After installing the 72.14 drivers, everything was MUCH better all around.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds