Geforce GT 430 install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhcorbett, Nov 9, 2011.

1. rhcorbett

rhcorbett Private E-2

Quick question.... I just installed the GeForce GT 430 XFX video card with HDMI to take advantage of my 32" HDMI 1080P monitor. I also have a Diamond Mulimedia sound card which is hooked up to a pair of M-Audio Studiophile speakers and a BIC 150 Watt RMS Sub-Woofer. I previously had a standard VGA video output on my old video card, but now am using the HDMI interface. The problem is, although the Diamond Sound card shows up just like normal, it doesnt work. Now, I have HD sound coming out of my 32" HD Monitor/TV. but nothing that rattles the floor like the old soundcard did. Any suggestions? I did a total install of all software for the video card, but I may have to re-install and delete the sound portion of the software.

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Just to clarify, are you saying that the sound is now coming out of your TV speakers via the HDMI connection instead of your separate speakers?

3. rhcorbett

rhcorbett Private E-2

Yes, sorry it took so long to get back.....When I hooked up the drivers for the Video card, the sound no longer came out of my sound card. When i checked the Device Manager, i found that the sound card was no longer functioning. I had to remove the HDMI sound drivers that were installed when I put in the installation CD. After I disabled the HDMI drivers, I was able to re-install the sound card drivers, and it works again. I'm thinking you can't have both sound drivers working together at the same time. Now i have my floor rattling sound back, but it isn't HDMI.

4. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Hmm... Whilest I do know that HDMI can carry audio signal I am suprised that it is being used in a PC (although that may well be where you have an AV receiver in line between the TV and source).

Anyway, your normal sound card wount be able to route the sound through the HDMI cable and the fact that you have an HDMI sound driver suggest that you have a coundcard built into the GPU. I suspect that when you install the HDMI driver it is changing your default audio output to HDMI.

I would suggest that you re-install the driver then go into control panel and change the default audio device back to your diamond card.

What OS are you using and I can give you more detailed instructions.

5. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

by the way your VGA cable will still give you an HD output

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds