General Computer Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paxton007, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I'm looking at getting a new computer, but I want something specific, down to the style case it's in. Is there a way to search for particular case styles on any site? I don't want a traditional computer / desk / monitor, etc. I want something that has the shape of an audio receiver, and would have HDMI out, so I can put it in my entertainment center, and hook it to my TV for a monitor.

A friend of mine has a case like this, but if I talk to him too much about it, he'll try and sell me his, which isn't up to the specs I'm looking for. LOL

Thanks guys.

2. tr00pertj

tr00pertj Private E-2

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

For the HDMI out, you just need an ATI video card. The HDMI on the 58xx series has audio and video.

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

What you are referring to is called a HTPC (Home Theatre PC) case as defined on the newegg page header. If you use that as a reference term, ie HTPC CASE you will start to generate more "desirable outcomes".

Heya Digerati.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds