General hardware diagnostic software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ascari_2, Oct 26, 2005.

1. ascari_2

ascari_2 Private E-2

Hey guys.

First of all let me introduce myself, I am a 24 year old guy who's been around computers ever since getting my first one around the age of 12. I have also been working as a technician since I was 16 and enjoy computers very much.

Now onto my delema. I am wondering if there are any up to date hardware (CPU, mobo, memory, video card, ect) diagnostic software that can be booted on to. I realize that you can run stress tests when you are in Windows and so on but I am looking for something that you can use to diagnose a system with no hard drive. I still to this day somewhat use Troubleshooter, and sometimes bust out with PC Doctor, but other then that I haven't found much out there. I know of Tuff test but that's mainly a memory tester, there is also ToolStar which doesn't seem to be very comprehensive, Winternals is neat, but it has no hardware diagnostic built in.

Anyone have any good programs they can come up with. If it's really worth it I am willing to pay for something that will make my life easier, but it has to work.

Yuri

2. zepper

zepper Corporal

Ultra-X still has QuickTech and SmithMicro still sells CheckIt and I think there was a recent update on it. And it is possible that the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows might have some diagnostics as may the regular UBCD that boots to DOS or Linux. And perhaps AMI still makes their AMIDiag. Plus SpinRite from grc.com is still the best hard disk testing software.

.bh.

3. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

The ultimate Boot cd is what I use and it has just about anything you want on it, highly reccomend it.

4. ascari_2

ascari_2 Private E-2

Thanks guys. Definitly very helpfull. Anyone know of any others and does QuickTech have any eval versions? I'd like to see what it can really do.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds