Generic Host Process for Win32 (No Audio Device)

Discussion in 'Software' started by odeo, Nov 18, 2005.

1. odeo

odeo Private E-2

If anyone could help me with a problem with my sound i.e. "No Audio Device". I'm running Windows XP, for about week I been get this popup error message for win 32 service has incountered a problem and I have no sound. Here is the error message I get below:

Generic Host Process for Win 32 Service has encounter a problem and need to be close.

The error Signature:

sz AppName: svcHost.exe sz AppVer: 51.2600.2180 szModName: unknown

sz ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000

I go to the control panel and check sound and audio device and it read "No Audio Device" with everything grayed out under volume under sound when I highlight a sound nothing happen. Audio everything is grayed out, Voice also everything grayed out. Hardware all device said that This device is working properly.

Other error of the message below:

F:\docume~1\Reeynole\Locals~1\temp\wer7fd2.dir00\svchost.mdmp

F:\docume~1\Reeynole\Locals~1\temp\wer7fd2.dir00\appcompat.txt

I try to search for this problem and could not fine it in docume, Reeynole, Locals, temp and wer7fd2.dir00\svchost.mdmp.exe and appcompat.txt.

Question, do you think this could be where the problem is? I have two hard drives C & F and F is my bootable drive.

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Hmmm. lots of reading later it appears to be a windows problem that is known(reported and supposedly fixable by running the latest updates available.
    Or this from another forum:

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

WIA is used for scanning, not audio. This is a case of the Windows Audio service crashing. My first suspect? Your sound drivers. Upgrade, or reinstall them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds