Generic Host Processes has encountered a problem ...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sextant, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Sextant

Sextant Private E-2

I am getting a generic host processes error for win 32 has encountered a problem and must close....

Also Svchost.exe has encountered a problem......

Sometimes it shows svchost.exe.mdmp

I have tried several anti-virus and spyware, even posted my hijack this log to no avail. I'm losing my mind. Please Help me......

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72446
    You shouldn't create multiple threads for one problem, amigo. They won't like it here.

But in answer to your question, a repair install is a native feature of the install disk. It shouldn't give you any problems.

If you are concerned about this type of install, you can always opt for the clean install, but that involves formatting the hard drive. This means you will lose ALL information. However, you will not be "installing windows over windows"

3. Sextant

Sextant Private E-2

I did the repair install and still my cpu is sluggish and hangs when i try to change users in xp. Anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

5. Sextant

Sextant Private E-2

I ran ccleaner and used perfect disk for a defrag, I have p4 winxp home with 1 gig ram. It seems to be a bit better after repair install. I downloaded all the updates from microsoft as well after the repair. I usually do a registry clean, and a cclean on regular basis. I have trouble changing from one user to another, sometimes even loose sound

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds