genx scanner 1200 dpi driver required

Discussion in 'Software' started by sinan, Mar 31, 2013.

1. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Good day ladies and gentlemen.

I am looking for software and driver for genx scanner 1200 dpi windows 8.
    Official website support is under construction : http://www.genxmea.com/
    Please help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you have this driver working in Windows XP, Vista or 7 as if you did the same driver (if you still have it downloaded) make work still if you run the installer in Compatibility mode for Windows XP/Vista/7 as this scanner is an older model and "likely" only supported up to WinXP.

What was the previous Windows version that this scanner worked in?

The makers site is sadly unavailable and the links I found online in a quick search are not ones I would link anyone too and I could not verify there working at all. Many driver sites post drivers that they state will work with a particular device but they do not in reality.

3. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Hi

Yes I have cd and working for win 7 but is not supporting win 8.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What I would try is to copy all the files to a folder on your Windows 8 PC, then right click the Setup file and choose properties > click the compatibility tab and then in the "run this program in compatibility mode for" dropdown choose Windows 7 and then run the setup file again.

But do uninstall any previous installs of this driver and software before you try the above.

On occasion running in compatibility mode will allow an application to work in a newer OS than the software or driver allows.

5. zahidamin

zahidamin Private E-2

Hi, sinan
    would you like to share driver for genx scanner 1200 dpi windows 7.
    please help.
    Thanks

6. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Good day.

I am still unable to get one, if you have please send.

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds