getting bluetooth transmitter to work on my laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anvilring, Jan 23, 2015.

1. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

2. strollin

strollin Private E-2

Have you paired the devices yet? Bluetooth devices must first be paired before they can be used with each other. I don't know the specifics of your BT dongle and the headset so can't give detailed instructions on how to pair them. Basically, you need to put the BT dongle in search mode and put the headset into discoverable mode so they can locate and connect to each other.

Once paired, the headset should show up as a Playback Device in Windows. Right-click on the speaker icon in the System Tray and select "Playback devices". Find the headset listed there and slect it to make it the Playback device.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Interesting. If you scroll down to Additional Information and look at OS Compatibility
    http://ppa-usa.com/computer-products/bluetooth/9017v.html
    Win 7 is not listed. Maybe a driver is needed?

Here's someone running Win 7 that could not get it to work
    http://www.adorama.com/PPA9017V.html#reviews

I'm not having luck finding a Win 7 driver.
    Also the spec sheet is in doc and I have nothing to read it on this computer.

I'll have to switch to another computer and see what the spec sheet says.
    Well the highest OS this mentions is Vista. Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

I own two identical laptops: Acer "Aspire 5742Z. On the one I have at home, the dongle lights up (flashes blue continually) and on the one here at the office, it does nothing. Both machines show a BT dongle installed and working properly. I'm beginning to think the little LG head set though is for "cell phone only" use no? Or is that silly?, in that "any" machine w/ a dongle should be able to recognize "any" BT device? Oh, and neither one will pick up/notice my little LG headset. :-(

edit: or my Samsung S5 phone!

And thanks for the replies!

mitch

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds