Getting files back from an almost formatted drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sakenomido, Mar 3, 2011.

1. sakenomido

sakenomido Private E-2

I bought a new hard drive (B) to back up a failing hard drive (A) all was going well when the new back up hard drive (B) failed (after 2 days, its a Seagate)
    But I had already started to format the old hard drive (A) I say started because windows XP pro asked me if I wanted to format the drive I said yes but the process stayed on 0% (this has happen to me before, I had to format the drive by slaving it)
    Question can I get the files back off the old hard drive (A) without the high cost of professional recovery? I have tried Recuva but it won't looks as it can't read the boot info. Has anyone ever managed this kind of recovery?
    The files are mainly mp3 and over 200 gig worth that I don't really want to re-buy, please help, all the best.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds