getting help with my hard disk controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by christinac1991, Jul 10, 2007.

1. christinac1991

christinac1991 Private E-2

i seem to have a problem with my external hard drive with my hard disk controller setup! windows xp version x86 says it is my cmos drive setting!
    thanks,
    christinac1991

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

There should be an option in your CMOS to load the 'fail-safe' settings. Try those. There should also be an option to load 'optimized' settings; if the fail safe settings don't work, try the optimized settings. If that doesn't work, try clearing the CMOS with the motherboard jumper (unplug the power cord!!!) to reset to default settings, go in and set the date, time, and boot order, restart, and see if that works. If none of these options do it, go to the motherboard maker's web site, and see if there's any help there in a possible BIOS upgrade. Also look in the troubleshooting sections, FAQ's, and the forums.... good luck!

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds