Getting memory on 1066mhz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M3xline, Apr 22, 2010.

1. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

Hello everyone...

I'm thinkin what's the best way to get crossairs dominators to 1066mhz ?

1st. To overclock my cpu (Amd phenom2 945) and reach 1066mhz ?
    2nd Just put 533mhz on ram ?
    or there is any other solution to this ?

Becuse they normaly run at 800mhz and on box it says that they are 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 and even timings are not correct (even not on 800mhz)

If i put it on 1066 the timings are very high like 7-7-8-23 or something

How to make them 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 as the box says without damage the modules ?

The mothernoard is MA785GM-US2H...Please help:confused

Oh and about voltage when i reach 1066mhz (even the timings are not right the ram must be on 2.1v (wich i should set for myself RIGHT ?)

2. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

Please help before my 3rd set of dominators end with damage .....

3. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

RAM modules are ok to run below their specified speed, i think.

Just keep em at 800, unless you want to OC, then go for it.

OC Guide:

4. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

i want to overclock....i have an overclock even on my 800mhz rams and thats 3260mhz and i've ran it for 2 hours without problem 47c after 2hours all test ....

what about voltage on rams ?? when i hit 1066 (no matter the lattency) it should be on 2.1v right ?? IT'S JUST SCARY WHEN I PUT IT TO 2.1 IT'S ALL WARNING RED BC IN BIOS... i dont want to crap my 3rd pair's....

and again does is the 1066mhz alone enough for 2.1voltage or i need to get the 5-5-5-15 timings like it should be then 2.1v i fuxkd up 2 pairs allready come on guys !!! HELP !!!

5. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

If you killed two pairs of ram why do you want to risk killing another?

Look at the box for voltage. 2.1v sounds like WAY to much voltage. Rule of thumb. If the bios is RED it's warning you the voltage is way to much.

6. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

on the stick and on the box says Crossair Dominator ddr2 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 2.10v

i think they are already goin to waste again...and i didnt change a thing it's normal like MB set it = 5-5-5-18 1,84v 800mhz ...............

7. M3xline

M3xline Private E-2

it started again.... when i listen to music and doing other things it starts to cut the music out like (rzzzzzzzzzzzz) Crossairs are one of the WORST memory i ever HAD ! and i had patriot,Gskillz,Mushkins,kingston,adata..... CROSSAIR....GOD DAMN U ! i DIDNT CHANGE A THING AND IT STARTED TO FUXK MY SYSTEM UP !!

8. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Corsair is a very good brand

It sounds like your motherboard is having issues with the ram.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds