Getting my WEP code back

Discussion in 'Software' started by wackywelshman, Oct 8, 2005.

1. wackywelshman

wackywelshman Private E-2

hello all, I have recently built a fairly large wireless network for someone, but they have lost the WEP passcode i gave them. I dont remember it and they want to extend the network. without re doing all the passcodes, is there a way to retrieve it? I have admin access and its win xp home

cheers

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Not unless you use some sort of linux wep cracking program, but its not something we here would support. Your best and easyest option is to just make a new code, sorry!

3. skiddyrow

skiddyrow Private E-2

many routers allow you to use a passphrase to generate the keys - if you have done this then you could reenter this to get the keys back. also logging in to your routers webpage (192.168.1.1 in most cases) should show you your existing passkeys (my linksys wrt54g does at least)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

do a factory reset of the router if all else fails and then just set it up again.

5. wackywelshman

wackywelshman Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds