getting pixcel shaders on my graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wackywelshman, Sep 5, 2005.

1. wackywelshman

wackywelshman Private E-2

Hi, I have a Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 Graphics card and i'm trying to play a game which tells me it cant run as it needs a card that supports Pixcel Shaders v1.1 min. Is that something I can install on my card - if so do I just egt it from the Nvidia website - or would it mean getting a whole new card?

cheers

2. theven 4

theven 4 Private First Class

Unfortunately you have to get a new card, but it's also good because you have a really really old card. (no offense) so it's a good time to get a new one. I would go with NVIDIA. ;)

3. wackywelshman

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If you looking for a new card post your computer specs we will advise you what the best upgrade will be :)

5. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I've gotten that message on my daughters PC before and had to buy a new card.
    That's one of the good things about DEMO's. If I have doubts about a game (weather it will run well or even if I'll like it), I try the demo first.

6. wackywelshman

Cheers for the offer mate,

I have a Jetway v266b motherboard with an amd 2.4 (or 2.6 i cant remember), 512 sdram, 200 gig hdd (on 2 drives). Dont know the fsb spec or any such things i'm afraid.... is that enough to go on? oh its win xp prof sp1

i'm not looking to spend much cash as i'm going to be getting rid of the machine before long anyway i should think,

Cheers

oh, seeing that you seem to be a guru on this kind of thing, could you tell me if I can get something that plugs into my printers usb connection to make it wireless rather than having to have it connected to a powered up computer all the time. I assume its a wireless print server i'm looking for but is that how they work?

cheers

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'm no Guru,lol,I think you mean a wi-fi or bluetooth usb hub,I havnt used or researched one yet,start a thread in the hardware forum,i'm sure someone will have one :)

As for your video card hows £50 sound including delivery,there are much cheaper options if you just wish for your game to work,but should make it run smoothly,depending on exactly how much you want to spend and the timeframe in which you will be buying your next computer a cheaper or more expensive option may be appropriate :)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=200313

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

9. wackywelshman

cheers theefool, i've spotted those, infact there are some refurb'd ones on ebay for about £20... might give em a go.... its a pain having to turn random computers on when i want to print... i suppose i should have thought ahead when I got my router and got a print server built in... DOH!!

cheers

10. wackywelshman

cheers ricky,
    Those cheaper options you talk about.... might have to go for one of those... everytime i get onto the scan webiste, i end up spending loads of cash! doh! flippin today only.....
    Might not bother at all, its only one game after all, and it was free.... ah well, i've still got quake 3! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds