Getting Rainbow 6 to run under XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by yeeha, Aug 28, 2006.

1. yeeha

yeeha Private First Class

If anyone has any success or experience with this please let me know. I'm running XP SP2 with a GeForce FX 5200, latest drivers/BIOS/etc.

When I try to run the game the screen just goes black and nothing happens unless I click a mouse button (which makes the program crash with an error message) or hit a key (which makes the program just exit).

Using "compatibility mode" to make the installer or game exe file run in 95 or 98/ME mode seems to have worked for most other users who had problems with R6+XP, but it's not working for me.

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Whats the error message that you get?

3. yeeha

yeeha Private First Class

rephrase, not exactly an error message, just the generic XP window reporting that that application needs to shut down and Do I Want To Report The Error To Microsoft?

So in other words, the application either quits upon keystroke without comment or quits upon mouseclick and XP comments that the application had to quit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds