Ghost recond: Andvanced Warfighter errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by JJJIrish05, Jun 17, 2006.

1. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

ok, my friend is trying to play ghost recond, he does not have admin so whenever he enters the game and even puts his mouse over the menu options he gets an error that says: "Unable to write into the installation folder." if he clicks ok it just exits out of the game... And whenever ever he does go on the admin profile (his dads) and trys to play he can get into the game, it will all load, can use the menu, get into a game but right before he starts actually playing he gets the error:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.02

Direct3D - Unknown capability violation exception.

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\viewportmanager.dsf(0)
    data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)
    data\levels\mission01\mission01.dsf(0)

not sure what that means.... also we tried getting patches from ubi.com but it says that it didn't detect the game.... tried uninstalling a couple of times and still the same...

i'm not sure if this would be the reason, but he only has 512 MB of RAM and the minimum is 1024, and he only has an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200.... i think one of these may be the cause of the second error.... but we still have no idea why we get the first error or why when we try to use the patch it doesn't detect the game..... so ya..... what do you think are the causes?

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Uninstall the game completely.

Manually check there are no redundant files or Registry entries.

Install the game using an Admin account.

The game has pretty hefty requirements. What are the exact system specs?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds