gif convert

Discussion in 'Software' started by Break_Da, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

I have a file, it's an animated .gif, and want to convert it to a .jpg. Any freeware out there anyone can point me to?

thanks...
    robert

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

The only other file format that allows animated images is .MNG (the animated version of .PNG) - .JPG does not support animation.

5. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

Here is my intentions with the graphic, it is an animated icon and i would like to create an animated cursor. File format is .gif but the freeware software to create cursos does not recognize .gif but others. Software I downloaded to try is RealWorld Cursor Editor.

This is the direction I am looking to go towards.
    Side note, the cursor isn't for me but for my son. :)
    Thanks for any help, comments, and pointers....

Robert

6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Animated cursors are .ANI files. There seem to be a number of (free?) programs that can convert animated .GIF files to .ANI - search Google for convert animated GIF to ANI

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds