Gigabyte GA-770T not playing nice with Video Cards?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elderusr07, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Elderusr07

Elderusr07 Private E-2

Hello Everyone,

First time poster. I have recently bought myself a GA-770T-USB3 Motherboard. I have verified all specifications with the motherboard for compatibility with other hardware in my system, please see the system specs below:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3
    Ram: G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR Sniper SE 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5570
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.2GHZ AM3
    HDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 7200.12 1TB SATA 32MB Cache
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 650W SLI Certified
    Chassis: Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

So, here is my dilemma; Based on the above specifications I made sure everything was compatible, and all of the hardware is, however here is my problem from time to time (more often than not) my video card does not seem to work; I have tried replacing the Video Card with another PCIx16 video card and testing (same results) and moved the one that was not working to another system to make sure it was functioning properly and in the other system it works great. I am using default settings as of current, however I would like to eventually have Virtualization support turned on in the Motherboard, but if I am unable to get this working with it on or off, its pretty much useless to me. Any help would be appreciated, however where it does happen from time to time, I believe it may be a grounding problem however what would be the simplest way to test this.

Once again, any help would be beneficial as next step is trying a different chassis or motherboard...

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

First, go to ATI.com and download/install (or reinstall) the latest driver for the HD 5570. See if this solves the problem.

Second, update to the latest BIOS if you have not done so already. It can be found on and downloaded at Gigabyte's web site. Based on customer reviews of this board at NewEgg.com, it appears many users are having issues getting it to run properly using a six-core CPU without a BIOS upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1

Finally, see if you have or can borrow another video card (even an older, slower one will do). If the problems repeat (based on the Newegg.com user reviews, 25% of users only gave it a "1" out of "5"), I would check to see if you can return/exchange the board for a different model that's more stable with fewer bad reviews.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Elderusr07

Elderusr07 Private E-2

Hello gman,

Wow. I never even noticed that posting on newegg to be honest. If this is the case, based on the reviews on newegg. I do not have an older AMD processor I can use to perform the updates, and considering this was supposed to eventually become an ESXI vSphere box, I think I may re-consider and purchase a better motherboard.

Any suggestions based on current hardware otherwise listed below?

Thanks,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds