Gigabyte GA-G1975X onboard sound problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by riddler, Jul 30, 2006.

1. riddler

riddler Private E-2

I recently bought a Gigabyte GA-G1975X motherboard and discovered that i have the follwing problem: the onboard sound card ( whitch is a SB Live 24bit ) isn't working properly, meaning that there is no output on the speakers. Let me assure you that the speakers are working properly and that i have a simple 2 speaker system :).
    The audio drivers that came with the motherboard didn't detect my sound card, but in the Device Manager there was an unknown multimedia card.. So i installed it manualy. All went well ( no installation errors occured, no conflicts reported ) but i can't hear a thing on them. After the install the SB Live! 24 took its place in the Sound, Video and game controllers section of the dev manager.
    I also tried updating my BIOS to the latest stable version from the gigabyte website and still nothing..
    By the way, another strange thing happened after installing the audio card, the OS boot time increased considerably ( almost 3 min ). I had the Windows XP Professional SP2 recently installed so, when the sound card drivers weren't installed, it started in a few seconds...

Hope that what i said makes any sense :D...

Thanks in advance

P.S.: Sorry for my poor english

2. stardis

stardis Private E-2

Only thing I would know to check is if the OnChip Audio function is enabled or disabled in BIOS. I use the OnChip AC97 audio on my GA K8U - 939 mb and I would disable that if I added a sound card.

Maybe you need to manually set the speaker configuration. It seemed to me that the Audio-detecting software was nice but a little complicated (for me anyway).

3. riddler

riddler Private E-2

I took the MB to the service department of the shop i bought the board from. I was the only solution i could think of :). Thanks for the reply

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds