Glary Utilities & Wise Care 365 Freak Out My Computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chim, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Chim

Chim Private First Class

I have a Dell GX 280 Optiplex Small Form Factor computer with a Pentium 4 Processor (3.0 GHz) and 2 Gig of RAM. I have Windows XP Pro SP3. I have avast 10.4.2233.

I can use the standalone Apps Glary Disk Cleaner, Glary Tracks Eraser, Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner without a problem. I've even tried some of the other standalone Apps from those 2 suites without a problem.

NOW ... however, the actual full-fledged Glary Utilities suite and the Wise Care 365 suite both freak out my computer. Within seconds of attempting to use any Apps from within either of the 2 suites, my CPU Fan will speed up to the point that my computer almost lifts up like a helicopter ... and my CPU Usage will jump up to between 80 and 100% and stay there. Any sign of activity / progress on the App window will be at a crawling pace.

Anyone have any idea why the standalone Apps of both Glary Utilities and Wise Care 365 work without a problem ... but the same Apps from within the suites will freak out and stress the living daylights out of my computer?

FYI ... the way old Glary Utilities 2.56 still works fine. It is the newer Glary Utilities 5.xx that won't play well.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Very likely as both are now live active scanning that they are in conflict with each other, TBH really honest, too much security is worse that too little, the high CPU is due to both apps scanning the same files, also if you have other security software (please name all) then those are going to interact with live scanning Disk Cleaner and 365

Its great to clean PCs and I'm all for it BUT too much can be overkill and give the types of issues you have now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds