Go straight to home page, do not pass Go, do not collect £200.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex30, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi,

Is it possible to set it so that on signing out of Yahoo Mail I go straight to my home page which is Google ? At present I end up on the Yahoo page with the Yahoo search box which I don't want to use.

Regards Alex.

2. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

Can't see that it would be possible. When you click to sign out of Yahoo Mail your web browser is running the instructions attached to the sign out link or button. These instructions tell the web browser to open the Yahoo search page. To change this, you'd have to ask Yahoo to change it and I don't think they'd be willing.... ;)

But you can click on the house icon in the toolbar and that will take you back to Google.

And as a possible aside, there's a lot of confusion over which Yahoo email accounts can use Outlook Express and similar programs, even on Yahoo Answers, so if you have any interest in doing that, take a look at this page:
    http://freewebs.com/yahooqs/yahooeml.html

It also tells you how you can keep your emails available to look at in a web browser while being able to look at the same emails in Outlook Express (or whatever you use).

3. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi,

Cheers Chookers, I will have a look at that thread.

Alex

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds