gone and messed up comp :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by skilldave, Jan 20, 2006.

1. skilldave

skilldave Private E-2

Gone and messed up msn explorer and messenger.. I downloaded this bricopad thing which makes the windows applications look like the style of a mac, but it was slowing down the computer so I uninstalled it and it returned the files to their normal state.

However msn now can't connect, and msn messenger can't either. How do you reinstall these files. tried reinstalling messenger but that didn't work. Problem is system restore didn't work for some reason, so couldn't fix the problem.
    Thanks
    Dave

2. skilldave

skilldave Private E-2

Managed to fix hotmail and msn explorer, but am in the dark with the msn messenger. I've got all the tests working on the trouble shooter (the green ticks) but when i try to load it, it automatically says 'it has failed because the service is temporarily unavailable etc etc'

any ideas to fix the last part of the problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds