good ad blocker for ie8?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tidalwarrior, Mar 5, 2010.

1. tidalwarrior

tidalwarrior Private E-2

What is the most popular free ad blocker for ie8? Just looking for something that will do a good job at blocking ads and not mess up my internet connect. I've looked at their but having a tough time finding what is the most popular one.

Ricky

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

This one is good, based on Adblock and NoScript for Firefox, its called AdblockIE if you want an addon for IE.

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Are you talking about pop-up ads? IE8 has one built in, works perfectly for me. And it is on by default. Just click on tools - pop-up blocker.
    The only pop-ups it allows are those #*%@#$ Bing ads[​IMG]

4. tidalwarrior

tidalwarrior Private E-2

thanks for the quick reply everyone. no i'm just concerned about the ads, i'll use ie's pop up blocker if that becomes an issue

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I've always used IE7Pro, though it's rather more than an excellent ad blocker, as it has loads of other features too. It doesn't impose a heavy load though.

http://majorgeeks.com/IE7pro_d5453.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  6. tidalwarrior

tidalwarrior Private E-2

i just found out it doesn't work with the 64bit version of internet explorer

7. tidalwarrior

tidalwarrior Private E-2

i loaded the 32bit version and its in there under the ad ons but where do i go to adjust settings? and it didn't work at remove ads from weatherunderground.com

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Generally its good to know what versions of IE you are using as many add-ons are not 64bit IE compatible as 64bit browsers are thin on the ground, also what application or was it both suggested that didnt do what you wanted?

9. tidalwarrior

tidalwarrior Private E-2

i switched over to ie 32 bit and its now in the add on setting but where do i go to change the settings for the add on?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds