Good Ipod Backup Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by wsmitty, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsmitty

wsmitty Private E-2

I have an Ipod that I would like to backup onto a hard drive. Is there any good program (preferrably free) that can do this easily?

2. Canzealander

Canzealander Private E-2

As I said in another post, you don't have to use software. Just make it so you can view hidden folders on your computer, then go into your iPod through My Computer. It recog's the ipod as an external drive, on my comp it's marked as the F drive

so I go like this...

My Computer -> F -> iPod_Control -> Music

the italics are folders that are not visible if you can't see your hidden files on your computer

your music will be arranged seemingly nonsensically with weird filenames, but they are still tagged with the right info if you used iTunes to dl/rip them, or if you have ID3 tags, and therefore iTunes will be able to tell you what the songs are.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Old thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds